Our two day one night trip to the Mercury Islands is by nature unstructured, and adventure is the destination in itself. All on board are welcome to help set and trim sails, take the helm or just simply relax. Snorkeling, fishing, SUP, swimming, walking, exploring the island will occupy your days, and if you’re lucky, dolphins, whales or orca may come for a visit. For the night we’ll anchor in one of the gorgeous bays the area has to offer. Evening drinks will welcome the sunset and hopefully give you a sense of the romantic age of the old sailing ship. This will be followed by fresh locally-grown delicacies prepared in the galley by your hostess Mihaela. You will be rocked to sleep by the gentle movement of Windborne and the lapping of the water against her hull.
Enjoy a sleep-in or watch the sunrise and take an early morning dip in the ocean. Freshly brewed tea or coffee will accompany breakfast in preparation for your choice of adventure activities for the day or just relax and enjoy the tranquil magic of the Mercury Islands before setting sail for home.
$2700 ( the whole boat )
- Meet at Whitianga Wharf at 10 am. After safety briefing and stowage of gear leave port.
- Sailing time destination, and food will depend on the wind, sea conditions, and your choices.
- Dinner aboard the Windborne hopefully the fish we catch and seafood we gather.
- Breakfast on deck is a selection of fruits, bread, and homemade muesli accompanied with fresh brewed tea or coffee.
- Enjoy activities until it’s time to set sail for Whitianga.
- Lunch sometime along the way home.
Send us an email
- The arrival time in Whitianga is around 4 pm.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Destination and activities are always weather dependant and your skipper Avon’s lifetime of experience on the sea will help make your safety, comfort and experience the number one priority.
- Maximum four people sleep on four single bunks or sleeping under the stars is also an option.
- One toilet, one shower to share.
- Bring usual outdoor gear eg. swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, hat, wetsuit if needed, warm waterproof jacket.
- You are welcome to bring your own alcoholic drinks.
- If you have a medical condition, are prone to seasickness, or have specific dietary requirements, please ensure that you have your medication or food with you.
- The whole boat with qualified skipper, crew, and all the safety gear.
- Sail and live on this well restored and maintained 62ft classic topsail schooner.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are included, home-cooked by your food-loving hostess Mihaela and captain Avon.
- We are not a fishing charter but there is limited fishing gear is available for you to use.
- Snorkeling gear and SUP are provided.